Painless Giving Opportunities
It’s an unavoidable economic reality — non-profits must ask for donations. To be fair, it’s painful for everyone. One household may receive a dozen appeals a month that range from local to worldwide, alma-maters to pet shelters, and coins-per-day to thousands per year. Non-profit workers who would prefer to focus on the service aspect of their mission spend hours per month crafting a suitable letter that explains the mission and the need in ways that are compelling and worth the time to read them. Honest truth here, it’s painful for everyone.
In recent years, technology and marketers have provided a painless way to give. You buy whatever suits your fancy, and a portion of the proceeds goes automatically to the non-profit of your choice. There’s no choosing between overpriced candy bars or hunting for one more wrapping paper pattern to complement your overflowing shelves. (Guilty here! Those kids are just too darn cute.)
Instead, you buy the book, sweater, or tire chains that are already on your shopping list, and the merchant sends us a donation. What’s more, this is available all year long. Most of us are about to kick into high shopping gear, so here’s your seasonal reminder to direct a little of that Jingle our merry way.
This painless giving takes two routes, in general. Some let you remain anonymous as long as you use the links that identify your non-profit when you do your online shopping. Others encourage you to set up an account so that you can be recognized and your purchases automatically generate donations for your designated non-profit. If your Amazon Smile donor account and your Amazon shopping account are the same, Amazon will offer to redirect your web browser to the same product with the Smile purchasing link.
We currently have two pass-through arrangements set up. Feel free to copy the links below and share them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more!
Thank you for sharing your shopping with us! You’ll see some wonderful returns on your investments very soon. (Scroll to the bottom to see what we’re working on.)
Shop for everyone on your gift list this holiday at smile.amazon.com/ch/35-
One personal account, plenty of merchants.
- Finish Dr. Wonder’s Workshop’s Final Season:
- Record three more AMESLAN Kids Sign Song videos
- Edit five AMESLAN Kids Sign Song videos
- Record & place at least eleven more character voice-overs
- Record vocals for thirteen songs
- Create & place Foley sound effects for thirteen episodes
- Transcribe and caption thirteen episodes
- Format completed videos for various broadcasters
- Finish Dr. Wonder’s SignLab VBS:
- Revamp one module (five lessons and their videos)
- Edit twenty-four worker training videos
- Create and edit twelve worker training videos
- Rewrite, record, and place five Bible verse videos
- Trim or compress host content on ten lesson videos
- Edit background graphics on two Bible Stories
- Assemble a new streaming video content app (If you read this far, you know a secret!)
- Load video library
- Arrange and label content
- Prepare and load image library
- Develop interactive features for kids
- Develop informative features for parents
- Graduated roll-out
- Prepare for the big announcement (shh…we’re not ready yet)