Who We Are
We’re a nonprofit Christian outreach and evangelistic organization, formed in 1996 by the hearing father of a Deaf child. Here is his story…
We come from many walks of life but we all have one thing in common – a love for the Lord Jesus Christ. Because we love Him so much, we want to see ALL men, women, and children come to know and love Him. Follow the link to find out more about Our Team.
More About Us…
- Our Mission
- Who We Serve: The Deaf Community
- Where We Are Located
- Vision for the Future
- Our Statement of Faith
Our mission is to bring people, both deaf and hearing, into a profound encounter with the reconciling love of God through Jesus Christ.
As a nonprofit Christian ministry, we work to carry out our mission in the following ways:
- Developing new resources for Christian ministry within the Deaf community.
- Serving as advocates for the needs and perspectives of deaf and hard-of-hearing people and their families.
- Encouraging the development of strong Christian leaders within the Deaf community and facilitating their involvement in the life and work of the church.
- Striving to increase awareness among hearing Christians of the scope and uniqueness of the Deaf mission field and providing models for effective outreach efforts.
Who We Serve: The Deaf Community
The Deaf community in the United States has been listed by a number of Christian missions organizations as the largest unreached people group in North America.
Consider these facts:
- Over 27-32 million Americans have significant hearing loss About one in four families have at least one member who is deaf or hard-of-hearing
- The number of severely to profoundly deaf people in the US is estimated at 1 million
- Only 2% to 4% of deaf people claim to know Christ as Savior
But these facts only scratch the surface…
The “Silent World” also includes hearing family members and friends of deaf people, caregivers and workers. All of these folks have spiritual needs, too. It’s a bigger world than you might think! Learn more about the Deaf Community by following the link: “the Silent World.”
[Frequently Asked Questions]
- What is Silent Blessings?
Silent Blessings is a nonprofit Christian ministry seeking to bring spiritual healing to Deaf and hard-of-hearing people and their families. We’re organized as a tax-exempt corporation under chapter 501(c)(3) of the federal tax codes.A wonderful group of writers, Christian educators, ministers, missionaries, lay people and students, both hearing and deaf, give of themselves and their creativity to carry out this ministry.
- Do you work in cooperation with other Deaf ministries?
Absolutely! Most of our videos are joint productions with Deaf Missions and DOOR International. We’re members of the Deaf Evangelical Agencies in Fellowship for Christ (D.E.A.F. for Christ), and we work together with several of our sister organizations.Learn more about our partners in Deaf Ministry at our Ministry Partners page.
- How is your ministry supported?
While we have received a few grants from private Christian foundations, 80% of our funding comes from churches and individuals who partner with us through their tax deductible gifts and contributions. About 15% comes from sale of our music and video resources.We would value your financial partnership to continue God’s work in this ministry!
- Why do you make music and audio CDs when your ministry is focused on Deaf people?
Our ministry is not ONLY with Deaf people but also with those hearing people in their lives. The CDs we produce contain the original songs we write for our family video projects and our live concert presentations. All proceeds from the sale of these items, and all of our ministry resources, are used to further the ministry in the Deaf community.
- Do you have any videos to teach me sign language?
We don’t produce any videos specifically designed to teach sign language, though we can tell you where to find some. For general instructional materials in ASL, visit our Publishers and Technologies link at the bottom of the Other Links Page.
**Have questions about Deaf culture? Follow the link ahead to learn more about “the Silent World.”
Where We Are Located
We are located in Indianapolis, IN, at 8930 Bash Street, Suite E. Map below.
**See our contact information located at the bottom of your screen for phone or mailing information**